Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I was grateful to my parents



I was very grateful to my parents for everything. There were a lot of difficulties for them. My country was at war with China, France, Japan and America for many years. My father was a soldier of South Vietnam. He joined the army after he graduated from university. I grew up when the war ended. My family was very poor. My father was thrown in political prison. It was difficult for my mother to take care of my brother and me. She moved back to live with her mother- my grandmother. She had to work hard everyday.

After a few years, my father got set free. They became farmers and lived with my grandmother. When my two young brothers and I studied in the University, we needed a lot of money. My father had to do strenuous work. Sometimes, he had to work overnight. He did everything to earn money for us to study. Finally, we graduated from University. I hope I will make my parents proud. I know I can't pay my parents' debt of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment